All CO2 data is excluding BBRG.
Water (GRI 303-1) (1)
Total volume of water in m³ withdrawn from any water source: 9 128 160m3
Total volume of water in m³ withdrawn from any water source by source type:
- City water: 4 893 573 m³ (~=53.6%)
- Ground water: 2 757 104.5 m³ (~=30.2%)
- Canal/river water: 745 053 m³ (~=8.2%)
- Rain water collected for reuse: 34 063 m³ (~= 0.4%)
Standard reporting and follow-up system Sensor; the total volume of effluent discharged from wastewater treatment: 3 095 097 m³ (GRI 306-1)
The total volume of effluent discharged in cubic meters by ton end product: 0.987 m³/ton end product.
Destination of the effluent discharged:
- Surface water (lake, sea, river, canal): 51.8% (1 604 165 m3)
- Sewer: 42.1% (1 301 767 m3)
- Irrigation: 6.1% (189 165 m3)
Treatment method: Physicochemical treatment: 100%
(1): BBRG partially included (Ex-Bekaert entities full year 2016, ex- Bridon entities excluded).
As part of Bekaert’s continuous search for environmentally-friendly resources the plant in Burgos (Spain) will from January 2017 source all hot water needs from SOMACYL S.A (Sociedad Pública de Infraestructuras y Medio Ambiente de Castilla y León), which is using industrial waste and biomass as fuel to produce hot water.